You’re stressed. But you don’t have to cruise to a tropical island to relieve your stress or anxiety. Here are some simple ideas to get you out of your rut:
- Drink a cup of hot tea.
- Breathe … deeply.
- Step outside. Breathe in the fresh air.
- Have lunch with a co-worker, friend or family member.
- Listen to music.
- Plant-ify your house or workspace.
- Stand and stretch. Every hour.
- Praise others.
- Smile! Try a full-fledged smile that leaves crinkles around the eyes.
- Erect a “wall of inspiration” in your work area.
- Clean up your house or workspace.
- Skip work email. Talk in-person or over the phone.
- Set work meetings for 45 minutes (instead of one hour). More time between appointments!
More Stress-Free Inspiration
Corporate Wellness Program Manager at Excellus BCBS
Amanda is a native of the City of Syracuse where she stills lives with her high school sweetheart/husband, two teenagers, and dog.Growing up with a large vegetable garden and yard full of fruit trees, Amanda's love for healthy eating and living began early in life. She loves to travel, read, try new fitness classes and equipment, and spend time with her kids.Amanda is a registered dietitian and Corporate Wellness Program Manager with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.