Fall has arrived and you’re ready to hit the pumpkin patches. But which ones should you visit?
To help, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite pumpkin patches in these regions of upstate New York: Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Utica. Grab your kids, camera and in some cases your pet. Head over to the pumpkin patch to enjoy some fall family fun.
There are a lot more great pumpkin patches in upstate New York. If we missed your favorite one, add it to the comments section below!
For more, read Pumpkin Picking at Chase Farms in Fairport, NY.
1. Stokoe Farms
- Admission: General admission is $15 on weekends (also Columbus Day weekend) and $10 during the week. Discounts for seniors and members of the military (with ID). Kids under age 2 are free.
- Activities: They have over thirty-five activities for their visitors, including picking pumpkins fresh from the field, enjoying a wagon ride, trying out their pumpkin launchers and apple cannons, and exploring the corn maze.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sept. 15 – Oct. 28.
- Location: 656 South Rd, Scottsville, NY 14546
- Admission: They offer “fun passes,” which are not required but are a great option for people who are looking to enjoy multiple attractions for a flat rate. Otherwise, the separate activities have fees.
- Activities: They have 20 activities, including a pumpkin hayride, pumpkin patch, corn maze, jumping pillow, and miniature golf.
- Food: Fresh doughnuts and homemade cookies at the farm bakery, apple cider (hot or cold), Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters coffee, and farmer food trucks.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day. Orchard is 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekends.
- Location: 1821 Fairport Nine Mile Point Rd, Penfield, NY 14526
- Admission: It’s free to enter, but many of the activities require tickets.
- Activities: Some of their fun activities include the barnyard bouncer, corn maze, apple blaster, and hay rides.
- Hours: Fall season is Sept. 15 – Oct. 31. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: 2205 Rts. 5 & 20, Stanley, NY 14561
- Admission: Admission is $8 per person at the gate for all seven festival weekends (Children ages 2 and under are free). Weekdays are free.
- Activities: Pumpkin picking, boo barn, jumping pillow, playground, and more!
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dusk every day, Sept. 15 through Oct. 31.
- Location: 11199 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031
- Admission: There is no admission fee, but the activities do have fees and they are cash only.
- Activities: Haunted hayrides in October, family farm hayrides daily and a corn maze.
- Hours: Sept. 23 – Oct. 30, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (extended hours on haunted hayride nights)
- Location: 6920 Nash Rd, Wheatfield, NY 14120
- Admission: General admission is $13 per person, children and adults. No charge for children under age 2. Admission includes the pumpkin picked in the field. They don’t allow pets.
- Activities: Pumpkin picking, hay rides, pony rides for kids, farm tour, straw maze, and more.
- Hours: Open starting Sept. 15. Open every weekend in October and Columbus Day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. without reservations.
- Location: 9270 Wolcott Road, Clarence Center, NY 14032
- Admission: Free admission, additional charges for certain activities.
- Activities: Corn maze, animal barn, tractor wagon rides, the hay fort, the fossil dig, and pumpkin picking. Dogs welcome.
- Hours: The season is Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. Open every day of the week 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the fall season.
- Location: 2901 Rose Hill Rd, Marietta, NY 13110
- Admission: Free admission. Free corn maze with any purchase, and $1 hay rides.
- Activities: Pumpkin picking, hay rides ($1 per person) and a corn maze (free with any purchase).
- Hours: Season starts Sept. 21. Weekdays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (when it starts getting dark before 7 p.m., they will close at 6 p.m.). Sundays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Saturday.
- Location: 8484 Dunham Rd, Baldwinsville, NY 13027
- Admission: Free general admission and their corn maze is free.
- Activities: They have pumpkin picking, a Halloween store, and the free Cornfusion Corn Maze.
- Hours: Open Sept. 10 to Oct. 31 daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Location: 2188 Graffenburg Road, Sauquoit, NY, 13456
- Admission: No admission fee, but wagon rides are $3 (kids under age 5 are free).
- Activities: Pick your own pumpkins, wagon rides, the Pumpkin Express, corn maze, and fun places to take pictures!
- Hours: Open daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. starting Sept. 8 through Oct. 31.
- Location: 587 Cullen Road, Richfield Springs, NY 13439
Did we miss your favorite pumpkin patch? Add it to the comments section below!
Can’t get enough pumpkin? Check out 5 Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes for Fall