These energy bites make the perfect snack or healthier dessert. Packed with protein, fiber and flavor, these will satisfy your hunger and your sweet tooth. I like making them on Sundays and enjoying them all week long. —Erika Gruszewski
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- Place dates in food processor. Blend until they form a smooth paste (add a few tablespoons of water as needed).
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, pulse until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips, oats and coconut.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. To set, pop the balls in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Bite and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in a sealed contained for up to a week.
Makes 15-20 balls
- Peanut butter: I love peanut butter in this recipe, but you could also try almond butter, cashew butter or even sunflower seed butter.
- Shredded coconut: If you don’t like the taste of coconut (though mild in this recipe), try using chia seeds or sunflower seeds instead.
- Gluten-free: Substitute gluten-free oats.
Latest posts by Erika Gruszewski (see all)
- Healthy Snacking Tips from a Football Party Veteran - February 2, 2022
- Why I Will Be in Line for A Flu Shot This Year - February 21, 2021
- Small Steps to Prevent Big Falls: Protecting Older Adults from Injury - February 20, 2021