- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- Place dates in food processor. Blend until they form a smooth paste (add a few tablespoons of water as needed).
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, pulse until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips, oats and coconut.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. To set, pop the balls in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Bite and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator in a sealed contained for up to a week.
Makes 15-20 balls
- Peanut butter: I love peanut butter in this recipe, but you could also try almond butter, cashew butter or even sunflower seed butter.
- Shredded coconut: If you don’t like the taste of coconut (though mild in this recipe), try using chia seeds or sunflower seeds instead.
- Gluten-free: Substitute gluten-free oats.