I love this recipe because I can prepare most of it the night before and still provide my family with a solid meal. You can always substitute vegetable noodles and fat free sour cream for an even healthier alternative. The recipe definitely beats a microwave pre-processed meal when you don’t have a lot of time! –Christine Brown
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef buillon
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 lbs stew meat
- Cut stew meat and coat with salt and pepper. Put in Crock-Pot with onion. Mix garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and ketchup. Pour over meat and cook on low for 6 - 8 hrs.
- Turn Crock-Pot to high and add the mushrooms. Dissolve the flour in a small amount of water and stir with a whisk. Add it to the Crock-Pot and stir until blended. Cook for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream and turn off heat. Serve with noodles or rice.
*Optional: Instead of using 1 1/2 cups of beef bouillon, use 1/2 cup wine and use only 1 cup beef buillon.
Latest posts by Erika Gruszewski (see all)
- Healthy Snacking Tips from a Football Party Veteran - February 2, 2022
- Why I Will Be in Line for A Flu Shot This Year - February 21, 2021
- Small Steps to Prevent Big Falls: Protecting Older Adults from Injury - February 20, 2021