Why try? Cloud eggs are a protein-packed breakfast that can add some fun to your average morning or some “wow” to your Sunday brunch.
Latest posts by Erika Gruszewski (see all)
- Healthy Snacking Tips from a Football Party Veteran - February 2, 2022
- Why I Will Be in Line for A Flu Shot This Year - February 21, 2021
- Small Steps to Prevent Big Falls: Protecting Older Adults from Injury - February 20, 2021
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Separate eggs yolks from whites. Place the whites into one large bowl and the yolks in 4 separate bowls (one bowl for each yolk)
- Whisk the whites until fluffy (tip: using an immersion blender or hand mixer would speed up this part)
- Carefully fold in cheese or other additions (see Variations)
- Spoon 4 mounds of whipped egg whites onto pan. Make a deep well in center of each using the back of a spoon
- Bake whites for 3 minutes
- Add one yolk to each, season with salt and pepper or other additions (see Variations)
- Return to oven and bake 3-5 minutes, until yolks set to your liking.
Variation: Bacon Cheddar Chive
- Swap parmesan for ¼ cup cheddar cheese (step 4). Add 3 strips of bacon (crumbled) and cheese to whites (step 7). Top cooked egg with 2 tbsp. chopped chives.
Variation: Salsa Cilantro
- Swap parmesan for ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese (step 4). Fold cheese into whites. Top cooked egg with ¼ cup of salsa and 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro.
Variation: Ham and Swiss
- Swap parmesan for ¼ cup Swiss cheese (step 4). Add ¼ lb. deli ham, chopped, and cheese to whites (step 7). Top cooked egg with 2 tbsp. fresh dill.