It stings for a minute… but all good things have a bite!
Adapted from http://www.foodnetwork.com
Latest posts by Joy Auch (see all)
- Sepsis: A deadly condition that happens fast - January 17, 2020
- Knocking on doors. Looking under bridges. How we find hard-to-reach members. - March 25, 2019
- Flavorful Escarole and Pastina Soup - December 1, 2018
|Prep Time||25 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
Honey Sriracha Wings
- 2 dozen chicken wings drumsticks or wings
- 2 tbsp avacado oil
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup clover honey
Honey Sriracha Wings
- Throw the wings in a big bowl. Pour the avacado oil on top and swish it around. Make sure the oil covers most of the poultry.
- Use your traditional gas grill, I went with old faithful Weber genesis on this one. Turn the heat up, you'll need about 400° (basically face-melting hot).
- You'll want to place the wings on the top rack. I repeat, place them on the top rack. At this point find air conditioning.
- While the wings are starting to warm, you have 2 options... shuck the corn and wrap in foil (recommended) OR place the whole husk right on the grill (bottom rack).
- So for the next half hour you're going to do a lot of turning. I recommend playing this video the whole time https://youtu.be/PGNiXGX2nLU.
- The chicken should start looking golden brown on the outside. Once you see the bubbling effect of oil basting on the skin, place those suckers on the bottom rack. Then... rotate the corn to the top rack.
- Once the chicken grill marks are to your liking, the chicken will most likely be ready for a sauce bath. Mix the sriracha sauce and honey in another big bowl.
- One by one, take the wings off the grill and give them a swirl in the hot sauce. Coat the wings to your liking.
- Serve up the wings with the sweet corn and pretend it's super bowl Sunday. Try not to cry as you watch your young ones grow up before your very eyes. (Just blame it on the sriracha sauce).
One thought on “Honey Sriracha Wings with Grilled Sweet Corn”
This sounds like a sweet recipe! Will try it out!