Confession: I’ve never been a big pancake fan. But then, I made this pumpkin pancake recipe. These pancakes are so fluffy and full of the comforting flavors we love in the fall. I’ve officially become a pancake lover (as long as it is these pancakes).
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk gently until combined. Let the batter set for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a pan to medium heat. Drizzle vegetable oil on the warmed pan.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles around the edges are open and set. Flip and cook on the other side for an additional 2 minutes.