If you’ve never made homemade granola bars, this recipe for pumpkin granola bars is a great place to start. In no time, you have a delicious breakfast or snack that is perfect for eating on-the-go.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 3 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 by 8 pan with partchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, walnuts, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, honey/maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour over oats and stir to combine. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Evenly press the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for 5 minutes before cutting into bars.